Joomla is a powerful content management system with built in features not found in WordPress. It was designed from the ground up to be a flexible content management system with which to build websites and web applications. Like WordPress, Joomla is a collection of scripts and not an application.
Joomla scales quite well to accomodate larger numbers of users who will be working with it.
Here's what we like about Joomla.
- Easy to use, maintain, and update for single users up to many users.
- Access Control Lists (ACLs) allow for the creation of user groups where just those group members can access the features.
- Has many plugins for extending the functionality of your site.
- Has great “core” plugins for backup, security, SEO, and URL customization and management.
- Has an excellent forum for support.
- There is a strong community of professional level developers of templates, extensions, and frameworks.
Here's what we don't like about Joomla.
- Extensions page organization is somewhat cumbersome.
There’s not much to dislike about Joomla.